Monday, 1 September 2008

Hands and Feet and Paint, Oh My!

Well we didn't end up going for the apartment. The second room would have been nice, but unfortunately the rest of the apartment was really closed in versus the nice open layout of the one we have right now, so I couldn't bring myself to change apartments. Apparently another one will be coming up somewhere in the near future, so maybe that will work out.

It's probably better anyway for now since we're really not sure where our money is going to come from for the next few months. I'm hoping to work from home mainly, but I'm also applying for at least one position with the government. There is a pretty interesting looking one with the Ministry of Forest and Range, so hopefully I'll get listed for an interview. Right now I'm being pretty picky in what I apply for, but if my own work doesn't pick-up that could change. ;)

On another note I had an interesting time trying to get Brynn's hand and footprints. I didn't get any pics of me trying, but here is Michelle and Sophia. Picture this, but with a much much less calm baby, so hands and feet flying everywhere along with multiple colours of paint. I did manage to wrestle a couple out of her though.

Feet were definitely more successful than hands. It's particularly amusing because the paint got in all the little creases around her toe nails so it looks a bit like we were playing with nail polish.

Mike and I have also started looking at daycare, which is a bit of an oops because I'm quickly discovering that we should have started looking a bit sooner, even if we are looking for 6 months from now. I think I was in denial though because in my ideal world one of us would be able to stay with her until she was old enough to talk. I'd like her to be able to rat out the adults if she wasn't getting treated right. I do have to say though looking at the price of daycare makes me laugh even more at the Conservatives $100 per month... since it looks like it is about $50 per day, with 21 days a month. Yup $1050, ouch, and that's assuming we find some! There's one in particular I hope we get into since I've heard a lot of good things about it, which probably means the wait list is really long! We're also listing on some toddler care wait lists now, since the average wait for them is about a year. I'm thinking I might just go get my Early Childhood Education Diploma and open one myself. Hmmm, maybe if we have another one.

This one is currently enjoying helping to feed herself, and her chin, and her forehead...


:)

No comments: