Just a quick update...
Things are moving along nicely on the solid food front, although I should never have introduced her to yams, now all the other veggies she used to like she doesn't, ahhh live and learn.
We went back for another weigh-in this week, but she didn't really gain so we have to go back in another 3 weeks. I think they are a bit of a waste since she's doing great, and it is just relative to the "average" kid. The doctor's not really worried since she's obviously a healthy happy kid, she just wants to make sure all continues to be well. Personally I think that since she never sits still for more than 1/2 a second at a time she is just buring a lot. What? My kid be active, never!
For those of you who have been asking she's about 28 inches long and not quite 15 pounds. Oh, some people have been asking what they should get Brynn. Well, for toys, pretty much anything that she can chew on or bang around. Things that make a noise when she chews on them or throws them around are good, and she likes stuffed animals, but you have to make sure they have no buttons or eyes she can pull out, because trust me, she will. :) I do try to keep the registry up to date with things that she likes and stuff that we can always use. We're currently trying to babyproof... also known as crawling around your apartment commando-style to see what she shouldn't be getting into.
She's not crawling just yet, but she can travel very effectively by rolling and what we like to call "butt scooting." I'm sure it won't be too long before she's on the move even faster, which Mike keeps seeming eager for, so it's a good thing it will probably happen when Mike is home on parental leave... BUWAHAHAHA.
As for me, no luck on the job hunting so far. I'm waiting to hear back from a few government ones I applied for, but from the sounds of it they tend to take 3 weeks just to make a short list, so I'm thinking that's not going to help with Oct costs... oh well, paper route here I come. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment