There is nothing quite as tragic as a baby with a snuffly nose. After all "breathe through your mouth" doesn't work particularly well with someone who doesn't understand breathe, or mouth or any of the other words for that matter.
So Mike was away in Vernon for the past few days and then he goes away on Thursday again for four days for an advanced kayaking skills course, and then, parental leave. Not a bad couple of weeks for him, well, minus the cold.

Not only is this Brynn's first serious cold, it's my first cold in a year. For some reason, and I have no real logical reason why, but I figured my immune system would be able to fight off a cold from the baby. Yeah, no. Mind you neither could Mike's, so we're a household of sick people this week. Which reminds me... THANKS MOM! Mike has been away and my mom drove down to Victoria to help out a bit on Sat so sick me could get a break from sick baby, and she brought kleenex! Parent's are great. I have to say I never really appreciated that as much as I do now that I'm getting a better idea of what they go through, mind you, so far it is all worth it when your kids are happy and smiling, or cute and sleeping. She's actually on my lap right now... here's a shot I just took.
Brynn turned 7 months old yesterday and she is just a joy, cold and all. Not to say being sick wasn't a lot more "fun" when I could just lay around and didn't have to take care of anyone else, but considering how sick she's been, she is still a really happy baby. Solid food is going pretty well, although these past four days I think I've worn more than she's eaten. Something about baby sneezes while eating results in a find misting of carrots and other food all over the person trying to feed her. I'm trying really hard to persevere though because we are still struggling to get her to put on and keep on weight and the cold hasn't really helped. I'm not really worried about it, because she's really happy and active, but it would be nice to see her with a bit of pudge.
As for her level of activity, she's almost crawling, and by that there are many many hilarious things she does that are getting her closer and closer. I think Mike's favorite is when she gets up on her hands and knee, but her head is too heavy to move still so she kind of spins around on it. I kind of like the lurch, where she can get up on her hands and knees and then pitches herself forward and then rolls to get closer to things. She can also walk if you hold her hands now. I think that is part of her being so light for her age, she sort of stands and then wherever she leans her head she starts walking.
She's also big into climbing over things. She hasn't quite figured out to put her hands in front of her so she doesn't bean her nose but she's getting better. Here's a couple shot from earlier today... I included the grumpy on just to prove she does get grumpy. :) To be fair right after this shot she has a huge sneezing fit, which fully cleared out her nose, and then she was happy again.
Oh, looks like she is waking up ( I think me sneezing did it)... one more pic from last week... pre-cold.
:)
Christie
2 comments:
Hey Christie,
Thanks for the update I look forward to it every week. Cute shot with the overalls! I just realized how little hair she has..maybe she will be crawling by the time we get there.
Hey Nikki, It wouldn't surprise me, also if you hold her hands she will walk around, it's pretty cute. Yeah her hair has gotten really light, so she's covered in fine blond hair. I think most of the red hair from when she was born is gone. I'm really excited for you guys to meet her. :)
Post a Comment