All good things must... go to the mouth. This is this weeks lesson from Brynn.
Not only is she realizing that her hands are hers and there are two of them, thus clasping them and unclasping them in the "I am plotting against you" pose, as well as grabbing everything in sight, are her new favorite activities. And of course, what you can grab, you must try to eat.
While this has resulted in my glasses going flying and Mike getting smacked in the head everytime he goes in for baby kiss, both of which are pretty amusing, it has also made just watching her with her toys a lot more entertaining. Mike calls this baby watching, akin to watching a fire when you go camping. Nothing amazing hppens, but all the little movements are fascinating.
We did a bit of a toy swap with one of Mike's friends who had a baby about 7 months old. Now Brynn has a toy that when she pulls and lets go it moves, and she has just figured this out. I know I know, small things... but it really is interesting to watch her learn.
Yesterday we went to a baby movie with my friend Megan and her little guy George... Brynn's first date. :) Baby movies are really just movies where they provide a changetable and diapers just outside the door and everyone is hauling around at least one semi-mobile little person. It was funny walking to the theatre from the bus stop though because from a distance you could see all of these strollers converging on the theatre. Since I don't belong to any of the Baby Talk or Mom and me groups this was my first experience with a large number of parents (with small children) in one location. I have to say it was a bit surreal to be part of the stroller caravan headed towards Indiana Jones.
As strange as it may sound I don't really like hanging around with lots of other parents, it was the same with pregnant women when I was pregnant, all they ever seem to do is talk about problems or quirks of either pregnancy or parenthood. Yes, I do realize that this is a very amusing comment coming from someone who has written mostly about her baby on the blog lately. :) I think it's because that's all they want to talk about and I still like to chat about other things too. Besides there is just no convincing them that while their baby is cute, mine is still cuter.
;)
1 comment:
Besides there is just no convincing them that while their baby is cute, mine is still cuter.
Best line ever!
Post a Comment