Friday, 16 May 2008

All the Little BandAids

Hey all, sorry for the long delay between posts, we've had some technical computer difficulties, basically two computers that both work sometimes. lol

Well, last Wednesday was shots day. Brynn received her 4 shots, two in each leg, resulting on one unhappy baby and slightly traumatized parents. Here she is napping with her little bandaids on her legs.



I have to admit she recovered a lot faster than I expected, it only took about a minute before she stopped crying, and she wasn't too cranky and didn't get a fever or anything, which was great. Mike did make me hold her for it though, that way he could be the nice parent who consoled her... ok... I see how this is going to work. ;)

Joanne also had a chance to meet Brynn for the first time.

Brynn has been really starting to focus and track items and people with a lot more consistency over the past couple of weeks and is talking away, its great to watch her learn. She had her 3 month check-up and all is well. They like their numbers, and I find them sort of interesting too (for entertainment anyway), so here's the stats. :) She is right in the middle of her age group for weight (50th percentile), but is at the top for her head size and length. Mike said the doctor put her at 90th for her head and 97th for her length, yup beanpole with a big head, and we love her. lol.

Unfortunately she still has a rash / really dry skin all over her arms and legs. We're trying a few things, so we'll see if anything works (fingers crossed). She's still a really happy baby though and cheesy as it may be she has her first matching outfit with her parents.

As for us, we are headed to Sol and Dorothy's wedding tomorrow, oh boy BC Ferries here we come! We also went to PaddleFest in Ladysmith last weekend... just hanging with dad...



And more cute baby photos...


Oh and I'm headed to Ft St John with Brynn next Tues/Wed for a funding announcement from a contract I worked on last year. Yey to success, but hmmm... baby on a plane trip. Here's to hoping her little ears don't get bothered too much... suggestions anyone? (she still won't take a soother or bottle).

Also, I wanted to say thanks again to all our friends and family and particularly our parents and our grandparents for all your support. You have made everything a lot more manageable and fun and we really appreciate it!
Christie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid I was flying somewhere, and I was sleeping with my hand over my ear when we went to decend. I didn't wake up until we were half way down and the pain was horrible. I couldn't pop them and it was just getting worse and worse as we got lower. The stewardess brought me a styrofoam cut with a hot washcloth (or maybe piece of papertowel soaked in hot water). I put it over my ear and the pressure just disappeared. It was amazing. I went searching for it on the internet to make sure I was remembering it right and found this website with line after line of hints. The hot washcloth thing is right in the middle. Enjoy :)
Jen


http://www.familytravelguides.com/articles/wisetips/lansky2.html