Thursday, 22 May 2008

Here, There, Everywhere!

It's been a busy week of travel and events for our little family.

In the past week, Sol and Dorothy got married (Congratulations!), Brynn and I did an under 24 hour trip to Ft St John and Brynn got her first lesson in kayaking and boater safety. :)

First I'd like to start off saying a big congratulations to Sol and Dorothy. I've known Sol for a long time and I'm very excited for them, he looked so happy when Dorothy headed down the isle, and a bit worried when I got up to tell a story. Best expression ever!

Sorry, no great photos though, I've learned that handling a baby at a wedding seriously impacts my photographic capabilities, but hopefully you get the idea.



As part of his duties Mike got to play DJ and relief babysitter. Anna-Marie and Sol were also excellent Brynn minders. It was a bit of a taxing week for her as we completely messed with her routine (and our sleep...Thanks Anna!). She had her first ferry ride, plane ride and hotel stay.



It was a hard week getting adored and picked up by everyone from flight attendants to lawyers, mayors and chiefs. It's a good thing Tracy didn't have to head back to court (sorry about all the spit up).

I think we are extremely lucky at how well she handles new people, otherwise me dragging her to Ft St John for a funding announcement would have been a disaster. We had 4 flights, a hotel stay and the ceremony in less than 24 hours and she only became grumpy on the last flight from Vancouver to Victoria. Then again, everyone on the plane was grumpy because we sat in it without going anywhere for longer than the flight was, while the temperature steadily rose.

It was a good trip, but I'm a bit glad the week is over and we can get some rest.

Have a good one!
Christie

No comments: