Well, it's been a busy few weeks for our little family. We've been working and visiting and coaching and interviewing and fundraising and climbing and graduating and ulti-ing... I don't think that last one's actually a word, but it went with my sentence. :D
Over the past couple of weeks I have been continuing to coach climbing at Stelly's, although I didn't manage to make it to my level 2 coaching course. It just wasn't going to work out with everything going on, on the bright side it will be offered again in November so I can do it then, yey! Instead Mike was hoping to go whitewater kayaking that weekend with Ryan and Darya, however, they were sidelined with injuries as the last minute, so instead he ended up going to a one-day tournament in Parksville. I think that was meant to be since when he went to sign up there was one spot left. No pics though since Brynn and I were manning the shop so he could play. It worked out well, she was a merchandise tester... and taste tester... mmmm lifejacket.
We also made it over to Vancouver this past week for Mike's graduation from the Outdoor Recreation Management and Wilderness Leadership programs. Both Brynn and Mike were a hit, especially together, and we learned something new about Brynn, she digs bagpipes. :) As much as Mike loves going to grad ceremonies we were excited to see him up there in his gown. I mean really how often is it we get to see Mike in a gown. He wouldn't let me get any shots of him on his own but we got a few cute ones of him and Brynn, never looking the same way though.
And a family shot, but the caption for this one should read "my wife/mom is making me do this, but at least she's happy." lol
We've also been trying to fundraise for the Prostate Centre's Do it for Dad walk this weekend, although it's been a bit crazy, so my dad has done by far the lion's share of the work this year (Thanks Dad!). I'm excited for Sunday, not only because Brynn, dad and I will be doing it together, but also because we have a team this year, which also includes Brynn's godmother Anna-Marie. Which reminds me, thanks again Anna! Anna very graciously let us crash at her place last minute for the grad ceremony and let us have her room! You rule! (and I love your sheets)
This gave us the chance to visit with some of Mike's friends from school. There's something very cute about seeing a bunch of "manly men" cooing at a baby.
Then we headed for the ferry and managed to get there for the last minute of ticket sales (12:55, oh yeah), after sitting for an hour in traffic for a flipped semi. Mike managed to keep Brynn (and a lot of other people stuck in traffic) entertained by walking along the side of the road swinging her car seat; they were even offered a ride by some Americans. The gates were actually closed for the ferry and the upper ramp raised, but they let us on anyway, yey ferry!
It's always nice when things work out.
Christie




4 comments:
Aww...I love the sleeping shot...they look so much alike :)
Jen
I know. I'm sure Mike is going to get tired of me snapping pictures whenever they are asleep. :)
Glad to hear you guys are doing so well :)
Brynn looks excellent in life-jacket blue.
Love the family photo...Email me that one.
Post a Comment