Mind you, at this stage I think everything is a favorite chew toy. We're not sure if she's actually teething at this point but there sure is plenty of baby drool to go around and a lots of chewing. On the bright side this means Brynn will take a bottle now, literally. Mike decided to try to give her one, and she decided she was big enough to feed it to herself, thank you very much.

Hopefully this isn't just a passing phase and it means she will continue to take one whenever now, although we might just go get her a sippy cup, one without the little fancy valve so she can just start to learn how to drink. We're pretty close to starting her on solid food at this point, my mom came out shopping with me and picked her up a high chair, so we are getting ready to start some messy experimenting. I think she is ready to try now, she stares very intently at you if you are eating and tries to get a hold of what you are eating from, and doesn't understand why water bottles seem to work for adults, but when she tries, they don't (mainly because mom puts the lid back on).
Aunt Anna-Marie picked up a cute little outfit for Brynn this past month. We have a few nicknames for her, her main one being Bean, so when Anna saw this she couldn't resist. I have to say her feet sticking out of these little pants is pretty darn cute.

As for mom and dad, not much new with us, other than continuing to realize we're parents. We are trying to get all our "we are now responsible" paperwork in order. You know, the life insurance, will, guardianship should anything happen paperwork.
We're also working on trying to save enough and for my business to have enough potential for us to survive off of by the end of September when Mike stops working for his parental leave. I'm really excited, but I also know it's going to be pretty tight for at least the first couple of months, the government doesn't really make it easy. For instance it takes a month just to process from when you apply, but even though you know when you are leaving work, you can't apply until you have left and your boss has provided you with all your paperwork, and you have to apply to waive a mandatory 2 week waiting period designed to give you time to look for work, which is pretty funny considering you are going on parental leave to take care of your child, thus leaving work. My EI claim took 2 months before I actually received any money, so it's a good thing I had a bunch saved. I can imagine what it would be like if you suddenly found yourself out of work and needed to rely on that system.
Ok, rant done. On a completely different note, I did decide that it was time for a haircut.


2 comments:
I love seeing all of her (and your) developments on this blog! She's growing so fast.
Jen
I know, it's crazy. I go from thinking "wow, she's so small" to "wow, she's so big" on a regular basis. :) Christie
Post a Comment