It's so hard to believe that 5 months have passed already.
I went back to the photos of Brynn when she first arrived and I couldn't believe how small she was. Here are a couple photos of her first couple of days for comparison...
I can't get over how tiny she was, the little mitts covered her whole arms!
Here's a few pictures of her this week. We were trying on the little hat and mitts that Anna-Marie made. I think they need some special glue to keep baby booties on.
We finally got her a new change table. This one doesn't have an end, so she can plant her little feet and launch her butt, or at least that was the plan... now she's strong enough she doesn't need her feet to launch her butt anywhere.
This past week's toy acquisition was a few big soft blocks of different bright colours and textures she can play with. They are Baby Einstein, but since I picked them up second hand I didn't have the instruction manual to tell me that they were partially electronic... and I always wash all her new toys, clothes, etc. before she gets to play with them. Now baby toys always say surface wash only, yeah right, I wouldn't trust that, so into the washer they went just like all the other toys.
Well, the yellow cube has a little rubber ducky on it and when you squeeze it it quacks, for about 10 seconds straight. Needless to say the water seeped all the way in and it didn't fully dry so for the next two days it would randomly start quacking. This resulted in us sticking it in the closet. Just picture walking past the closet on the way to the bathroom and having it quack at you. Ooops. :)
This past weekend we were at SplitDisc, a local Ultimate / Disc Golf tournament Mike plays in each year. Unfortunately Mike is not playing anytime soon, but we were there to visit and cheer people on. I have to admit I felt a little lost with no Mike to cheer for, and usually I'm a bit of a team mom bringing water and food, etc because of the short turn around between games, but with Mike not playing there was no team to mom for, well, except my actual child, but Mike was taking care of her most of the time. It's hard work being that cute!
In other news, I've been working off and on trying to get enough contract work set up for the end of September (when my parental leave is done) to be able to work from home. Mike will have 3 months of parental leave when mine is done, so it would be great to be able to spend some time together as a family and take a little vacation. It's also good timing because Mike's Nana is coming for a visit from England at the beginning of October and his sister will be coming from New Zealand around the same time, so there will be lots of family around. I think it is amazing that Brynn has two great grandparents she can visit with.
I have to say, being a parent has been, and continues to be, an amazing experience. I'm glad I didn't have kids when I was younger though, I don't think I would have been anywhere near as patient, with her, myself, Mike, everything, even just 3 or 4 years ago. I think being older lets me also have much more of a laissez faire attitude and just let her be her, versus trying to make everything perfect, or a particular way. Who me? Perfectionistic? Type A? If you don't believe me, I think Anna will attest to the fact that I'm much more relaxed now. Maybe? Anna? :)
This is another hat that one of Mike's friends made for Brynn. Mike says it looks a bit like a tea cozy, which I think makes this picture all that more amusing... nah, you can't tell she's 1/2 British, she even has the pinky up! Good thing we live in Oak Bay.
:)
Christie








3 comments:
cute cute photos!!
That is really cool that Mike gets three months off! Crazy.
That is one amazingly fast growing child you have there guys... by the time she's three she's going to be taller than you Christie.
And as far as having mellowed... you certainly aren't quite the trouble maker that you were when I met you - unless you count Brynn. =0)
:D
Post a Comment