Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Updates and Pics

Ok, update time, with random baby photos thrown in...

As some of you may already know, Mike was back in the hospital last week for surgery. I didn't want to post anything about the possibility because last time they kept telling us it would be super fast, but then we kept getting put off.

Essentially they went in and poked around to see what happened. Unfortunately, he managed to damage everything he did last time, as well as, everything he didn't last time, so we have to wait until September to find out if they need to do a reconstruction on the ACL, but until then, at least he has his knee brace, so he can wander around, and he's teaching a kids camp today so we'll se how he does in a boat. It was suggested to him that he may not be able to play ultimate again, but we're pretty sure that he will be able to. On the bright side, at least he can paddle!

So we've been playing around a bit with what kind of music Brynn likes, so far, Tool is good, Jack Johnson, Good, Jimmy Hendrix, good, Classical music, good if dark and moody, bad if light and fun, Techno, good unless sleepy, then makes her angry, Swollen Members, very bad (seems to cry everytime). It's a pretty entertaining experiment.

Mike also decided to see if, now that she's in year old clothes (we had to let her feet out of this one), she still fit in one arm, hmmm what do you think?

We're currently battling our first bout of diaper rash, I think the hot weather hasn't really helped, but it looks like it's getting better (fingers crossed). With her growing so fast we had to pick her up some more sleepers, this one reminds us of a pink version of the baby from Labyrinth. Goblin king, goblin king...

I also picked up a little seat for her from the little baby store down the street. It's where I picked up a new playmat for her earlier in the month. They have a lot of good used baby stuff on commission, which is great because the playmats and these little chairs are ridiculously priced new. Honestly it's cute, but new they are $60-$70! Crazy hey.



She's not quite strong enough to hold herself up yet, but this chair lets us play with her sitting up without having to hold her, which is really helpful for Mike too because he's not the greatest at kneeling right now. ;)

This week, I also went back to Poi for the first time since moving back to the island. I took Brynn with me to meet everyone, I wasn't sure how she would do since it was later at night (usually when she is cranky), but a room full of spinning dancing people with music? It was a baby's dream. She just spent the hour and a half flipping around on a blanket so she could see everything. I now have a new way of keeping her amused that also makes me happy. Yey!

:)

Christie

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey Guys,

Some very cute photos! Brynn must be HUGE wearing 1yr old clothes. I was thinking of getting her a few presents for when we come. What would she like can you ask her?
Are you going back to work Christie?

Our Family said...

She's SOOOOO tall, it's crazy. You guys are coming in October? I'm not sure on the clothing front, I don't think she can keep this pace up, but if you go clothes, I'd go for the 16 month range. It's a bit tricky because some go by length and some by weight and she's only 14 pounds, but 28 inches. I'm sure she'd like some toys though, esp those that play music if she grabs them, or some little dishes since she'll be eating solid food by then. She says anything Auntie Nikki brings will be great. :)

Our Family said...

Oh on the work front... I'm doing some contracting, my EI runs out soon, so I'm trying to figure out if I can get enough business to work from home, so I'm sort of seeing how much I can build up right now, but it's tricky because I'm still alone with the baby for most of the day. We will just have to see. :)