Friday, 3 April 2009

It's a Zoo Out There

... a petting zoo that is...

Brynn and I made a trip to the Beacon hill petting Zoo last weekend while Mike was practicing for his upcoming tournament. So far, the only animal she consistently identifies by word is dog. But of course when you have a word you like... the horse behind the fence... is a dog...

and these were dogs...

and this was a dog...


But other than the petting zoo being entirely populated by dogs, it was great! And it is really cute when she says dog. Especially the dog in the picture above (may be mistaken for a potbelly pig). It was very vocal and held Brynn's attention for quite a while (at least 3 minutes). She also had a good chance to stomp around in her little rubber boots, because although it was nice and sunny, it was pretty muddy from the weird, hail, rain, hail, rain, snow we had the past couple of weeks. Hooray for little boots!

On the Christie and Mike front, we've both managed to get out an do some climbing and ultimate, and even some of those together, which has been great. I'm hoping some of the people Brynn has gotten to know and who have promised to babysit move back into town so we can take advantage of those offers sometime soon, it would be nice to get out and have a nice dinner together. Hmmm... Lin... are you sure you don't want to move to Victoria? Cute Grandbaby, just waiting for you. ;)

Also this week coming up, I have my first interview of my recent job hunting activity. It is for a year long position in the same Ministry I'm in now (Aboriginal Relations & Reconciliation) and still in treaty negotiations. I'm excited, but kind of nervous because it's not very often I get interviewed solely by people I know. I have to admit it's a bit unnerving. Normally I would say it's a good thing because they know you better, but the government panel interviews are all about scoring and how well you meet their checklist of qualifications in your answers to their "describe a time when..." questions, so we'll just have to wait and see (fingers crossed). I just have to try really hard to pretend that they know nothing about me.

:)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'll be happy to babysit while I am over there. After I get the low down....and Brynn remembers me???