More presents for me! (Brynn being the me here).
Brynn was still receiving birthday presents this past week, including a super cute dress my dad brought back from Mexico...

... and some fun clothes from her Aunt Anna-Marie who is now in Africa with Engineers Without Borders for a year. I've put a link to her blog on the side if you are interested in seeing what she is doing there. We're all doing pretty well around here. I've managed to get out to the climbing gym a bit more and I'm starting to get to know more people from my work. My friend Karen started back at work on Monday, she had worked there on contract, but that position ended so she had to go through the competitive process to get back in. I'm so glad she's back, it's really nice having someone you can be 100% free with at work.
I'm still looking for work. I did get feedback from the one senior level position I had applied for and they essentially said they were looking for someone who had been there longer, but that it would free up an analyst position (this is government-ese for we are going to promote someone internally) . So when they announced the winner of the senior analyst position was one of their own analysts I can't say I was surprised. It is a bit annoying though, after all you put in all this time and energy into putting together a good application package and it never mattered anyway. :P Oh well.
On the upside she did say during the feedback that had it been for an analyst position I probably would have made it, so now that they have an analyst position free we will have to see what happens when / if it is posted. I did apply for another position today, but it is also a senior position (so there were lots of applicants from what I can tell) and is temporary position covering a mat leave, although she doesn't think she's going to be coming back, which is too bad because she's really nice.
I would just be a lot happier if I had more than 2 months worth of work left, especially when you hear the news about BC, Ontario and Quebec being the provinces that had the most bankruptcies and highest increases in EI applications. But, lots of positive thoughts... everyone think happy Christie employed thoughts. :)
Ok, more fun stuff. We had a nice little trip to the park the other day. I'm actually not sure who had more fun, Brynn or us. I just don't really play on the swings as much as I used to, so we're working on changing that.
Although I think Mike liked it even more than I did...
I think the weird slug bouncy thing was my favourite though.
In other friend / family news, I hear Ryan and Darya bought a house. I really know nothing about this, but I'm excited for them, particularly since I think affording a house on the lower mainland requires exceptional budgetary prowess. Congratulations!
Also my cousins Lauren and Darren and friend Christine are both getting closer to their due dates. Darren and Erin have about a week and a half left, and I think Lauren now has less than a month to go. I'm excited to meet the new little faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment