Saturday, 7 March 2009

3 Generations

We've been having some fun family visits this past week.

Brynn had her formal birthday party, cake and all! I need to get some pictures from my mom of her actually eating the cake, or, well, licking it off her fingers after smooshing it. She is definitely a sugar fan. But I did get a couple pictures of her in her birthday dress...

and loving the skateboard...


I found it up in the storage room, so I thought she might find it entertaining. She particularly liked it when she got on to it and we would push her back and forth between us. It was a lot of fun.

My mom had the party at her place so that there was enough room for all of us to stay over. Mike's mom flew in on Friday and managed to stay until Thursday and got a chance to get to know Brynn a bit.

It was great having Lin around, I'm so glad she managed to come out for a visit. I had to head to Smithers on Monday for work, but the three of them got to go to Diaper Gym and swimming lessons and some nice walks around Victoria. As well as get in a little mandatory Gma shopping and pick up some cute stuff for Brynn. I think it's our turn to head out to Ontario next. Another bonus was that with the two grandmas around Mike and I even got some time alone together for the 2nd time since Brynn was born... I'm thinking we need to start finding a regular babysitter.

So I'm going to have to start seriously looking for work now. I had put out a couple applications, but I just found out that I didn't make it to interviews on any of them, which is a bit depressing, but because they are government I can call them up and find out exactly what was missing or why and then I will know for next time. Another nice thing is I'm hoping that since one in particular was an advanced position that someone in a permanent position will fill it and then I can apply for that position. So who knows, maybe it will work out for the best. Fingers crossed. In any case I will have to start expanding where I am looking for work.

Ok, back to something fun... as part of her birthday present to Brynn my mom got her a little rain jacket and while we were in Duncan we picked up these little rain boots for her. These are her birthday present from her Auntie Nicki... hee hee, little flowery boots.

I'll try to get some more pictures from the family visits and birthday cake from the grandmas so I can post them.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Very cute!
I would have totally picked those boots out myself!!

Anna-Marie said...

Hey guys! I'm sorry I missed the big '01', but the pictures are great. I love being able to keep up to date with you and Brynn.

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

She's such a cutie! Congrats on the first big birthday - hard to believe how fast time flies! Great pictures, although I am definitely looking forward to the cake shot. You gotta have the cake shot :) Great to see you are all well!

Our Family said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I can believe it's already been a year, time flies like crazy now. I'm excited to see some of your baby pics Lauren. :)