Happy belated birthday to our little baby.
I'm sure people are tired of my saying this, but I can't believe she's that old already. Time really does seem to fly when you have kids. We had a little more parent's oriented birthday party last weekend, we went out to dinner with her Oma and she got to try some whip cream for the first time, which, needless to say, she loved. We pretty much kept it to that though, after all she is my child and the last thing she needs is sugar. She also got lots of cards and fun stuff from her extended family, and a brand new toddler bed at Oma's place. It was so cute with her sleeping in her little bed, which she can get in and out of on her own. It's much cuter with her and her little quilt Auntie Elsie made her, but she still moves around too much for me to try using that for sleeping.
We are having a more formal party with cake this weekend because her Gma is coming from Toronto to meet her for the first time. It is very exciting.
I'm also excited for my cousin Lauren and her family. Her and her husband Jai live in Bridgetown in Nova Scotia and they are expecting their first child in April. For those interested family members they have set up a registry at http://www.myregistry.com/. You have to type in Lauren Soloy and then select their registry and a pop-up will open asking for your name and email address, while I don't love this feature it is meant to identify people looking at the registry for privacy or something like that (I didn't read the full blurb). In any case, the really nice part about the site is it lets you add items from all over the place instead of just one store, which is definitely a bonus.
On a completely different note, it sounds like Mike might be doing some instructing / guiding this summer after all. The rec centre he used to do work for through his kayak shop is looking at keeping him as their instructor and just renting boats from another company (now that Mike's isn't re-opening). I think that will be great. It's also nice to know that at least one of us will be working, since I still have no idea what will happen with my work after June 5. That's when my temporary assignment is over and with the government hiring slowdown (they're not calling it a freeze, but it's pretty much glacial) things may not be looking too good here for me. I'm just trying to keep my options open and keep doing contracts without falling over from doing too much. I was actually a bit overwhelmed this past week and had to tell one of the main groups I contract with that I just couldn't do anymore, no matter how much they needed me to. So hopefully that won't cost me that contract, but I can only do what I can do.
I'm hoping something will still work out here. The person I'm covering for absolutely hates working here and initially swore that they would never come back (they are on a temporary assignment somewhere else), but I think she realized that a steady job in government is better than no job at all right now, so she's changed her mind. Doh.
Oh well, let's look at cute baby pictures... Here are some of Brynn in an little outfit a friend of mine brought from India, playing with my poi.

I also managed to snap this one out our front window as Mike took her to swim class or to get groceries... I can't remember which.
Sometimes I just love living in Victoria.
:)
Christie
No comments:
Post a Comment