Currently, I'm juggling 1 full-time job, two contracts, with a third on the way, as well as sharing the baby duties when I'm home, trying to get my business and regular taxes done, arrange for bass lessons, housecleaning, bill paying, family visits and food. And Mike is trying to take care of Brynn (a massive undertaking involving feeding, changing, bathing, playing, lessons, swimming, sleeping, etc), baby proof, and cleaning. And we are both trying to get some us time, and individual time, while supporting each other and the baby. So needless to say, computer and picture time has fallen to a minimum lately, but I promise I will try to do it a bit more often. :)
So in amongst all of that here's a bit of an update... So where were we.
Oh yes, Smithers. So I had a great work trip to Smithers, and alas forgot the camera yet again. Smithers is actually a cute little town, it's sort of Alpine village like, and was very beautiful with all the snow and ice. It was actually pretty warm when were were there, for a couple days, though because of fog, which alas delayed our flights and followed us back to Vancouver, so I ended up staying in Terrace for an extra day.
It's a bit of a balance, travelling and baby. I really enjoy my job, partially because I don't have to just sit in an office, but I also miss Mike and the baby when I'm gone, esp for 4-5 days at a time. Granted it doesn't happen very often so it's ok, but I swear Brynn actually looked older when I got back. I also managed to go to one of their sign language classes with them...
After sign language, Mike headed over to Vancouver for some whitewater paddling with Ryan... and ended up the creek without a paddle, but he'll tell that story a bit later in the blog; Brynn had to try out the boat before he left though.
So Brynn and I had a weekend together, which worked out pretty well, although I did have my first 3am wake-up where I just gave up and let her cry it out after trying to get her back to sleep for a while. She cried for about 20 minutes, which for those of you who don't have kids may seem like a long time, but it actually isn't too bad. I felt pretty bad about it, but I watched her fall asleep on the monitor and she was cheery again in the morning. Mike is usually on soothing duty at night because whenever Brynn sees me all she wants to do is feed herself back to sleep, and we are trying not to do that anymore, which can be a bit challenging, after all, she is used to it. On the other hand this morning I manged to get her back to sleep by myself with no feeding help, so that was a major breakthrough for me (yey!).
In other news... Mike's mom is finally going to get a chance to come out this month. She will be here on the 27th (just after Brynn's first birthday). We are really excited to see her, and for Brynn and her to meet each other. Yey!
Oh I forgot, Mike and I went shopping and picked up a birthday outfit for Brynn. I don't have any pictures of the whole thing, but look at these little shoes Mike got her!
:)
Christie
3 comments:
She looks like a mature little lady already and I've only been gone a few weeks.
Thanks for posting... reading your posts is a great way for me to keep up with what's happening from a distance.
Toronto's going great so far. =0)
She looks so grown up now....teeth, walking, fancy shoe's. Is she wearing leg warmers???
Lol... yup, Mike got her little black leg warmers with bones. :)
Post a Comment