This week was a big travel week for me, and a big daddy daughter week for Mike and Brynn.
I flew out on Monday, destination Kitimat, and flew back on Friday. The work was really interesting, the travel a bit epic due to fog, but all in all pretty good. I have to say, I was kicking myself for not bringing the camera, the Terrace airport is surrounded by the most beautiful mountains. I travel again this week to Smithers, so I will have to bring the camera and hope the sun breaks through again.
Mike and Brynn had a good week together. They started a bunch of new baby activities including continuing their sign language and swimming classes. They now have something they can do each day if they want to. I was amazed at how many different places have baby activity groups, some free, and some paid. Each library has a baby reading day with books and finger puppets, and apparently Diaper Gym was a big hit with its slides and tunnels to crawl through. It's nice to have something to do each day to encourage you out of the house, especially on nasty weather days.
Brynn is working on her 3rd tooth now and on walking without furniture or human assistance. She may be grumpy when she is older for me saying this, but it's a bit like watching a really cute drunken orangutang walk - hands over her head stumbling a bit sideways, then overcorrecting. It's pretty darn funny... but not as hilarious as when she falls into her toy box and all you see is little flailing legs sticking out that need rescuing.
All this new and exciting stuff also brings a new round of babyproofing into our lives. We already had corner and edge guards on the tables, but now that she can climb, walk, and crawl, we have to make sure the tables have nothing on them. I also have to figure out if we are going to move the computer somewhere, buy what Mike refers to as baby chickenwire (the plastic version for caging them in or out) or come up with some other way for her not to reach the speakers, monitor, etc. Oh and I have to get a toilet lock; baby falling head first into the toybox is funny, the toilet, not so much. It's amazing how if there is anything you have missed she will let you know by heading straight for it when you least expect it. To be honest I wonder sometimes how I survived this age... way to go mom and dad!
It's crazy though, as silly as I think some of the recommendations are, for me the bumper pads and blankets were frustrating because we had this great set, inevitably there is a reason for it... a women in one of our baby groups had previously lost a 7 month old to suffocation. My question is, why sell them then? You can use them for a month before the baby can move around and then not until they are a year, because the can suffocate, but then at that point you can't have them on because they can use them to stand on and climb / fall out of the crib. And they are everywhere! Gah! Ok, rant done.
Alright baby picture time, sorry only these right now. I have to get some picture of her in the cute outfits she has received from her family. She is now comfortably into 18 month old clothes and her Aunt and Gma sent her some cute stuff for Christmas.

Brynn decided that playing with the recycling was fun, but wearing it while playing with it was more fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment