Friday, 24 April 2009

Good News!

Hi all,

So I wanted to share, I just found out that I got the job! Yey! Unfortunately this is not a permanent positions, it is another temporary assignment (TA), so alas, still no benefits. However, this TA lasts for a year and is up one pay level as well, which is definitely nice, when a dentist visit is $120 when you don't have problems. :)

In other good news, the petting zoo at Beacon Hill now has animals other than dogs. It's not got birds, horses, and pigs... as well as some dogs still (aka goats and other animals). Brynn can sort of say bah for birds, but what's really cute is when she uses the signs for the other animals. I think the horse sign is the cutest since she pretends to hold the reins and then moves her hips like she's riding a horse. I did managed to get one picture before the battery died.


She's getting pretty good at letting us know what things are and what she wants. We had to look up the sign for hockey the other day (apparently her favorite thing to watch on tv).

Other than that, most of the fun stuff is coming up. Now that I have work for a little while I can back off a bit on my contracts and maybe spend some more time with Brynn and Mike. Mike is starting to teach lessons again coming up and his sister Nikki will be here for a few days next week. Also we are walk/jogging (with strollers) the Times Colonist 10K this Sunday. We're taking Brynn in our friend's baby stroller and we will have my co-worker's baby in another jogging stroller (she's running it), so its one a piece.

I will try to take some more pictures and post them soon.

Christie

No comments: