Monday, 14 April 2008

A Fun Week and a Sunny Weekend

It's been a fun week around the Barnes-Harvie household.

Brynn spent her first night out of the bassinet and in her brand new crib last night, thanks to great-Opa and her dad (who braved the assembly instructions).



However, I now have to go buy some mesh bumper pads, apparently as soon as you guve her enough room, she will move. I woke up to feed her last night and she had her legs sticking out through the bars, so she managed to move across the crib and turn herself sideways, then scoot down so her legs were sticking out. Hmm... I wonder if this is a sign of movement to come. :)

Brynn and I also spent some time in Duncan this weekend while Mike was playing in an ultimate frisbee tournament in Nanaimo. We had a chance to visit with Oma and great-Opa and get a four generations picture.

But of course, Brynn had to get her tongue pictures in there too!
We also visited with one of Brynn's godparent's, Anna-Marie, and spent some time up in Nanaimo at the tournament, where we ran into my Aunt Delphine and Uncle Frank and their 10 kids. Yup 10! They now drive a small school bus to get everyone around. Apparently a bylaw officer didn't like the fact that it still said School Bus because they didn't have a specific school bus licence, so a little letter removal and it is now the cool bus.

Mike had a great time at the tournament and did well, losing in a close semi-final game, and it was great to see him out there playing again. Unfortunately I forgot the camera so I don't have any pictures at this time, but I'm hoping to have some up when others share theirs.

For a weekend where it was supposed to rain, it turned out to be a beautiful... Being smarter than both of her parents Brynn was the only one who didn't end up with a sunburn. Luckily Mike had just shaved his head again, so the sunburn there matched the one everywhere else. ;)

Also here’s a few gratuitous Brynn photos of her working on tummy time and just being cute.

1 comment:

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

Hey Guys - Love the four generations picture!