Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Being Monitored

Well, Brynn is continuing to cruise through her clothes at an amazing pace and is now the same length as the change table, which lets her push off and have a great time (esp when we are trying to change her). This cute outfit was a present from Dorothy.

Since we made it past the 6 week mark we figured we would see if Brynn would take a soother... well, she did for a few seconds, assuming we coated it in her Vitamin D drops, which are very sweet, and then she spat it out.


It was pretty amusing trying to get her to take it though, we'd put it in she'd spit it out, we'd put it in, she'd spit it out, it was pretty entertaining. I guess it's a no on the soother, not that that is a bad thing. :)

The downside is though, she also won't take a bottle, well, not one we've found anyway, she used to back before we finally got breastfeeding down, but now now so much. She chews on it, then might suck for a few seconds, then just gets frustrated and starts crying. That wouldn't normally be a problem except I have to take a multi-day course in a few weeks so Mike needs to be able to feed her and it would also be nice to know I could take a break once in a while.

On the bright side we received the crib and baby monitor this week. We're currently reorganizing the apartment so that we can set it up, but we've started using the monitor so the baby can sleep in the other room, they are a lot more high tech than they used to be...

It is really nice to be able to see if her noises mean she's getting up or just being restless before I get up. She's starting to get in to a routine now, so I pretty much only have to feed her once in the middle of the night, yey sleeping in my own bed.

4 comments:

Our Family said...

Leave a comment if you think my daughter is cute!!

If not, then ...

Our Family said...

Well, I think she's cute, mind you she's my daughter too, so I might be biased. Christie

Nikki said...

I think she's cute!!! But she is my niece!

Anonymous said...

Well I think she's cute...and we're not even related...so that's got to count for something :)
Jen