For those of you who don't know, I haven't been on a ferris wheel since I was 12, or something like that. I found them so wobbly and scary that I preferred roller coasters and the Zipper to the tippy ferris wheel seats. Of course since it had been 20 years, and particularly since Brynn really wanted to go, it was time for me to give it another shot.
Turns out the ferris wheel is actually a lot of fun when you are not terrified of falling out, or the chair falling off. I think it might also help that standards have been upgraded a bit since 20 years ago and they actually have seat belts now.
I'm looking forward to next year. I think this fair is going to be an annual thing as long as we live in this area.
Other firsts this month included Brynn's first dance recital and my first attempt at putting her hair in a bun. :)
As far as first dance recital's go, up on stage at the university is a pretty imposing venue. But, after the first 20 or so seconds of "holy cow that's a lot of people" she got back into her little routine. It was pretty cute to see her up there dancing away.
It was a loooong recital, luckily she was in the first half (which lasted 2 hours) so we could take her home after, she was pretty pooped and fell asleep almost as soon as she was in the car, but she lasted longer than her dad, who I think was napping during some of the longer ballet numbers, after Brynn had performed of course. Come to think of it, Oma and I were nodding a bit there too. Something about ballet.




No comments:
Post a Comment