Thursday, 22 September 2011

The times, they are a changing.

Well, I have to admit, it has been somewhat challenging around here in the past few months.

Our family has had a significant change with Mike moving to a new apartment and all the adjustments that come with it.


On the bright side, he found a place that is right near Brynn’s daycare and on a direct bus route to here and his work. It works out pretty well because we are keeping my place as a base for Brynn so that she has a stable place and he will be responsible for her a few days of the week and then stay here when I’m travelling.


Mike still has his knee surgery coming up next week and then he will be off work for a couple of months, so hopefully that will all go well.

Brynn and I have been trying to keep busy. Swimming lessons have started up again and fall means fair time. I don’t love the new exhibition grounds, they are all crushed gravel, which makes it ridiculously hot, sort of like a fair on blacktop, but that didn’t stop Brynn from loving all the rides she could get mom to put her on for the 5th time. Luckily for mom’s pocket book, the operators let her get in a few free rides. I think if she had the choice, she would have brought this one home with her.



It actually wasn’t part of the West Coast Amusements midway but was operated by a couple and it folded up and hooked up behind their pick-up. Very cool.


I actually have loads of photos to share from the last couple of months, but I haven’t downloaded them from the camera yet… I’ve been a little preoccupied.


But fear not, I know there are lots more fun times to come. I actually joined a boot camp at work a little while ago (not that I would necessarily consider that fun) it is the first time I have had a trainer tell me what to do since university. We do actually have a really good time, although my competitive streak came up a bit yesterday when they had us do hill sprints. I found out, as I flew by everyone, that most of the people I’m with are good at endurance (so you will normally find me at the back) but not so good at sprinting. Of course, there is something to be said for pacing; post sprints, I almost passed out on the grass before starting my push-ups. Lol. I’m just excited that with my knees I can participate in most of the activities. They are really really good at modifying the exercises or helping me stretch out when my knees start to get painful (and then sending me back in once that’s fixed).


My friend Julie is also going to be coming over to help teach me how to cook. I am good at cooking the basics, meat, potatoes, veggies, but only the basics. I really have no idea how to use spices or interesting veggie bakes, etc. I tried going the cook-book route, but I just don’t have time to sit down and read through anything too complicated and then make it. Brynn is willing to help out in the kitchen for a bit, but once she loses interest, time’s up.


Well, time to get ready for her to wake up. Hopefully I will get some more photos up soon.


Christie

2 comments:

Lin said...

Keep on writing Christie. The best link I have to my "out west" family. Love to you and Brynn - and of course, Mile.

Lin said...

That should say - Mike