Thursday, 4 August 2011

Toast to the Dad

A toast to my dad.

For all the wonderful things you have taught me, the lessons you have let me learn on my own, and the support you have given me when things didn't quite work out.

Love you dad!

Last month my dad was able to make it to my Toastmasters's meeting for the presentation of my Outstanding Toastmaster's Award (it was presented by one of the members of the club shown below). What I didn't tell him, was that I also had to give a speech accepting the award. That speech was dedicated to my dad.

If not for my dad, I would not be the person I am today. I would also not have been involved in Toastmaster's at all, so it seemed a fitting time to let him know those things.


I think sometimes we take for granted that those we love and appreciate know how we feel.

Love you dad!

2 comments:

Jack and Cate said...

Congratulations Christie, Barry must be very proud!

Unknown said...

Wow.....definitely a family ressemblance there. Spooky how we all look alike! :-)