This was her friend Pru's birthday. Mike and Brynn got to go take a dance lesson out in Sidney. I'm sure Mike was disappointed that his knee kept him from dancing with ribbons though, so I only Brynn pictures. :)
Speaking of Mike's knee, it's official, he's torn the ACL (along with damaging various other components) and needs to have surgery to replace it with one of his hamstrings. He is on an on call list and they are trying to also book him a date in case he doesn't get called in earlier. It looks like recovery time is about two months. These are the times when I wish I has invested in some type of short term disability insurance. So it goes.
On the upside I have started my new job, which, in addition to being enjoyably challenging (and humbling) also pays more, so everything seems to work out somehow. Hopefully some rest time will also give Mike more time to work on lessons plans for teaching First Aid.
He did have the opportunity to work at MEC's paddlefest last month though.

It was handy that it was at a park only a few blocks away from our house, so Brynn and I got to sleep in and then wander over.

She had a great time trying out all the boats, but I didn't manage to get any picture of her because she had too much fun going from one to the next and I just wasn't fast enough.Swimming lessons are starting up again soon; the pool closes for a month over the summer, so we decided to give gymnastics a try. I wasn't sure about signing her up for something I know she's going to be too tall for later on. I sort of have the same feeling about things like ballet. I remember how upset some of my younger cousins were when they got "too big" for ballet. I could go on a big rant about that, but in the end, height does matter for some sports. Of course, it only matters of you decide to be really competitive or professional, so we decided to give it a shot.
Some teachers tend to go a bit fast for 3 year olds (or their 30 something parents for that matter) so I'm not sure how long we'll continue on for. Brynn is a big trampoline fan, but not so much a bars girl. Of course, who doesn't like bouncing on a trampoline! She finished her first partial set of lessons and got to get a medal along with the other kids in her class.
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but one of the things I like about living where we do (unless you need to go somewhere) is all of the parade's start right by our place. So we pick up our chairs and sit right in front of the apartment. Brynn had the cushiest chair in the line.

Another advantage to being at the beginning is everyone has lots of candy to throw still. It conflict a bit with don't run into traffic, but she had a great time collecting candy.


2 comments:
Parade candy is definitely one of the perks of parenthood!
Sooo... you have experienced this important parenting nutritional cap? :)
Post a Comment