Thursday, 2 October 2008

October Update

Wow, October. It really is true that when you have kids time flies. I think it is going at least 2-3 times faster. Crazy. Hmm.

Things on the munchkin front are pretty good. Mike is now pretty much on parental leave. I say pretty much because there are a few things he needs to straighten away at the shop, so slowly but surely he's taking over as the main baby care provider. She's been having a bit of a rough go since that cold a couple weeks ago, she's not really sleeping through the night anymore and we're not really sure why. Although I did catch her and dad napping away. :)

I'm also currently trying to find the delicate balance between too much food and too little food. Poor little baby is all constipated right now, so I'm upping her liquid and adding a bit of prunes to her cereal. Hopefully that will help, I feel really bad for her, it is quite painful from what I can tell. I'm hoping it will resolve quickly, we're going to take her to baby massage tomorrow too, which is supposed to help.

We were over at the farm a few days ago. We went and visited Opa and the cows. Mike and I went to this baby clothes garage sale a couple weeks ago and picked up some Halloween costumes, this was one of them...



I just couldn't help myself. :)

On another note, we have managed to get a 2 bedroom apartment that I'm hoping will work out well. It is one of the ones downstairs from us and the people in it have just bought a house. I'm hoping they move out a day or two early, otherwise we'll have to pack everything in to a moving truck and park it outside and then unpack it the next day. Now that would be a pain in the butt. I'm really excited though, just the thought of having a bit more room makes me jump for joy. Right now you can;t walk from one side of our place to the other without taking your life in to your hands. I'd take a picture, but it's just too tragic.

On the job hunt front, I've been applying to jobs here and there. I'm still being pretty picky, but I think that's a good thing, both because I want to find something I want, but also so I'm not wasting my time mass applying. I have an interview next week for that job I did the "homework" assignment for. I don't think it would work out - too much travel - but so far it has been good practice, and I can only assume the interview will be too. There are a few more postings that have popped uop in the last couple of days that I'm going to look in to, so we'll see.
:)
Christie

No comments: