Brynn and I have been trying to get out to enjoy summer before it ran away and I think we managed to squeak a few more adventures in before it summer retreated until next year.
It's not that the sun has gone away, but the air seems to have a chill in it now and the leaves are starting to turn already.
Anyway, on to our adventures...
One of the wonderful things of living where we do is there is a plethora of parks around, the downside is, as a parent, having to go to the park all the time, so I decided it was time to find a new spot for us to explore. There is a marina close to us, but I'm not really a fan of letting Brynn go digging around there because of all the pollution, so we drove along the coast until we found a great little spot covered in sea shells and away from major moorages to go digging.
Of course, I forgot my camera, but it turns out my Blackberry doesn't do too bad a job in a pinch.
I have to admit that one of my biggest concerns with Brynn just living with me is the type of relationship we are building. Without someone else here for me to easily walk away for a few minutes, bounce child raising ideas or decisions off of, or to play with her while I make dinner or just need a break, I worry that, particularly being mine and Mike's child, she is going to rebel in a pretty harsh way when she is older.
How to find that balance between her needing time, me needing time, and us not being too in each other's faces that we are just angry and frustrated with each other... all while hopefully building a bond that doesn't have us hating each other while she is between 12 and 21...
Parenting is complicated.
In case I haven't said it lately, thanks mom and dad.





2 comments:
Parenting alone is at times trying and difficult but there are others around to help. Leesa and I made it on our own for over 5 years....you can see she has turned out to be a fine person and a pleasure to be with.
You will make the right decisions - but that is told in time.
:) Thanks.
Post a Comment