Friday, 9 March 2012

4 Cakes

Wow, I just realized I didn't even manage one post in February! Well, it was likely due to how super busy things were around here... and the fact that Brynn has decided to not nap anymore. Sigh... it was nice while it lasted. :)

Brynn turned 4 in February and this was her first real, "this is who I want to invite" birthday party!

In order to try to cover off as many people as possible, we ended up having 4 cakes! I realize this does sound a bit excessive, but I'm still hoing to squeeze one more in there, even though it is March. lol. We have not yet made it to Gpa's house!

Our first round was a mini Cinderella cake in Duncan with Oma and great Opa. We stopped by for a pre-birthday Sunday dinner and my mom picked up a Brynn request bright blue cake.


Brynn stuck all the candles in so close together that everytime she tried to blow them out one would relight the others, so it was a team effort, go team. ;)

The next cake was a birthday morning cake. Mike had to work on the night of her birthday, so Brynn and I stayed at his house the night before and then had a pancake and bacon breakfast with a mini cake! I have to say, loving the mini cake idea. And of course, pancakes and bacon are always good too.


The thrid was a mini cake shaped like a frog she took to school (they let the parents send cake or treats for birthdays, as long as there is enough for all). And the fourth was birthday party day!

I live in an apartment that can pretty much handle having one other kid over, so we went outside the house again this year and had a gymnastics party. Including Brynn there was lucky number 13 for the party so it seemed a bit hectic, but the kids all had a great time and the parents got to drop them off for an hour and a half. :)

Wow, 4 years.

No comments: