Sunday, 17 October 2010

It's Been a While

So I have clearly been slacking on the blog front, but it was because I was making up for it elsewhere. :)

We had a few rough weeks with Brynn where she got gastroenteritis (correct spelling not guaranteed). That was followed by a yeast infection from all the sugar we gave her while she was sick because she couldn't keep down dairy products or solid food (both Mike and I had many a shower and did many loads of laundry), so all she had was pedialight and watered down juice. She dropped over a kg in 5 days. However, she followed that by a week of straight eating and gained it all back just to get croup. I have to say, for all the complaining we do about the medical system, I'm sure happy they are there when you have a little kid having a hard time breathing.
Mike and I have been practicing swap parenting lately. For me that means we are almost never in the same place at the same time. I'm starting to think that Brynn is going to have a complex that only one parent at time can be home. :)

She and I managed to get in some touristy stuff with Oma though while Mike was away. We headed to the Shaw Discovery centre in Sidney (passes courtesy of one of Mike's bosses) and were able to get up close with some of the underwater Salish Sea residents... thus the random jellyfish picture at the beginning.

We've also been really busy getting everything done for our Wopila ceremony. That is a ceremony that you host a year after you get a name. Brynn and I received traditional names last year, so this year we had to host a ceremony and do a giveaway (aka give a present to every person who comes). Someone likened it to having a wedding, but I realized that I actually didn't do anywhere near this much work for my wedding.

Speaking of weddings, my cousin Trevor just got married to his longtime girlfriend Meghan. Here are some of the photos my mom took...

We had to pass due to too much Brynn sickness to travel over to the mainland.

Congratulations again guys!

No comments: