We've had some fun and wild weather over the past few weeks. Everything from wind storms to days like today where you absolutely have to go play in the park, or the beach, or both!
Brynn is liking the revamped new park by our house. For me, it's fun, but I miss the gravel and not having to pull splinters from her hands every time we play now. Luckily, when she gets back from the park she is pooped and sleeps deeply enough that me, my headlamp and some tweezers can get in there. Ahh parenthood.
It amazes me every day how fast she is growing. It also turns out I was wrong, she's not in size 4, she's in size 5 shirts! I'm not sure if Darya ever reads this any more, but you would be happy to know Brynn's favourite colour is orange. In fact, she likes the orange shirt I got her a couple of weeks ago so much that I have to negotiate with her just to get it off her for bed yesterday. In the end, bear wore it to sleep. Time to go get orange pjs. :)
I wonder if that's part of the reason she likes her new toys so much.

There's a little drill, tape measure and level too and the little battery pack is interchangeable, I'm actually pretty impressed with them. I tried to get a picture of her with the safety goggles on, but she is getting very quick.
These were a present from the Director of her daycare, Wendy, who I have become good friends with. I guess she originally bought them for her nephews, but then they were duplicate and she never got around to returning them. One of the things about being on the board of a daycare is you are always helping repair the facilities, so I've been hauling out the drill a lot for lately and Brynn is super excited to have her own.
Things around here have been pretty busy, especially since Mike started managing a store again. This one is proving a bit challenging and every time he leaves the phone rings with some problem or another. I really hope things get better for him soon.
On another note, I applied for a couple of higher level jobs with the Ministry I'm at and went through the interview process for both. One I heard back from and I did not get it, but I made the qualification list and am currently first, which means if another one of those positions opens up in the next 6 months, I'm in. I have to admit, I was hoping for that because the level of travel for this position is similar to what I used to do, and I think things need to get a bit happier at Mike's work before I'd be up for that.
We are also back in ulti season. Mike has started going to tournaments again (other than Hawaii) and is playing twice a week, and I'm climbing regularly again. Whoo hoo! I managed to get Wendy into climbing and we are averaging twice a week right now. She's a very active person and is already climbing at a level it took me years to get to. Go Wendy!
Another nice development is Brynn is currently happy going to the ulti fields with Mike, which makes me feel better when I have to do something on those nights. It used to be Mike wouldn't be able to be on the fields or she would get cranky.
Between activities and kayaking (which Mike is also doing) we haven't seen a tonne of each other lately, so I think we're going to have to book a day with Oma and go out for dinner and a movie. It's funny the things I used to take for granted. I have no idea how people with 2 kids do it!
Along with the sunny weather today and yesterday, we had some warmer rain the other night, so it was a mandatory to go puddle jumping.
Thanks to some good Wet Coast weather gear Brynn was a happy splashin kid. Alas, I need a big reflecty rainsuit and 'bug' boots so I can do more splashing.
Christie
New phrase for the week: "I don't know" (ending in a high squeaky voice with shrugged shoulders)
New word : Hopscotch (go sidewalk chalk - it's a good thing it rains often around here or we'd run out of sidewalk)
1 comment:
What a cute kid! Sounds like you guys are really busy. I'm looking forward to a little influx of Canada soon when the short term volunteers arrive. Maybe they can bring a storm or two with them!
Hugs for the family from me! =0)
Post a Comment