Not that you can tell from this photo, but Brynn is once again working on her immune system. So far we have managed to keep her inhaler free, fingers crossed.
This means that with some of the weather we have had lately, we have been spending more time inside than I would prefer, but we are lucky to have indoor activities like swimming and diaper gym when she's not contagious. She is getting very good at waiting her turn for the bouncy castle.
No swimming or gym today, just lots and lots of kleenex. We are expecting an Oma visit fairly soon though. My mom is bringing up her toddler bed and we are going to do a swap with the crib. Brynn's crib converts to a bed, but it is still really high off the ground, so we have had to leave our couch cushions under it so she can climb up and down. This way we can reclaim the cushions and still have a bed at Omas.
We have also done a bit of window shopping for a dresser for Brynn. Time to retire the rubbermaid drawers now that Mike is making more money. With her clothes getting bigger the drawers are getting a bit cramped.
In us news, I have a couple of interviews coming up for more advanced positions at work. I'm not sure if I actually want them though. I really like the job I'm in, so we will have to see. Mike is now managing a store again, thus the more money, so we are playing a bit of catch-up. Time to get those repairs and other things we kept putting off done.
It's not all serious stuff though, Mike is off at a tournament this weekend. I was hoping to head up island to watch, but it looks like we wont' make it to this one.
Last weekend we headed up to Duncan and Oma treated us to a trip to the Forest Museum. I think it has been about 10 years since I was there. I had flashbacks of working in the little outdoor cafe and ice cream parlour. Remember that Anna?
The weather was a bit bleh, but Brynn really liked the train and the playground train toys.

As you can see, Mike still loves getting his photo taken.
Is that a hint of a smile I see honey?:)
After that we headed back to mom's for an Easter dinner with some of the Dutch relatives who were visiting Opa. I think mom has a picture or two I might be able to get for the next posting.
We also made it out for the Easter egg hunt at Windsor park again this year, or more appropriately, the mad dash for Easter eggs. Brynn did some very excited running and picked up a bag full of candy for her parents. What a good girl. :)
She is getting fast. Brynn turned 2 back in February and is now over 3 feet tall! This means she is now in need of size 4 shirts because she has inherited her dad's long body, so her little belly sticks out of all her shirts, particularly if she raises her arms at all.
It is pretty cute, but a little drafty.
Oh, I'm such a parent. :)
2 comments:
Hooray for the Forest Museum! I'm glad to hear it's still going strong, and still fun. We got the pirate coat in the mail yesterday - it's super sweet, and will be perfect for Spring. I'll take some pics and post them. Thanks, guys!!!
3 feet tall! I'm missing so much growing! I do remember acquiring 'ice cream scoopers elbow' back in the day at the Forest Museum. Those were the days!
As always, thanks for the pictures and hugs to the family. =0)
Post a Comment