Sunday, 17 January 2010

Little Leaps and Bounds

As Brynn is currently doing laps of the living room furniture (aka jungle gym), working on her latest bout of immune system boosting illness, I am glad all that time spent child proofing the edges and corners are not going to waste. :)


Now that she is a bit older and has been walking and talking for a while it is a bit harder to notice major jumps in her development, but there were a few in the past couple of weeks that have really hit us over the head, so I figured I'd share them.

The first was when she had to come to work with me New Year's Eve. I work down on the Gorge waterfront up a few floors and our "view" of the waterfront is actually a steel recycling plant. The excitement of this view is it makes the building shake once in a while when they crush propane tanks and they explode, other then that I could think of nicer things to do with waterfront, but hey, at least they're recycling.

In any case, Brynn was over in a co-worker's corner (Erinn) which has nice big glass doors and she looked outside and said "Cat. No digging cat!" Erinn and I went over to see the cat, as we are on an upper floor; we couldn't see it, but Brynn has very good eyesight, so I just figured we were blind and Brynn had wandered off to do something else so I didn't think too much more about it, but then about half an hour later later she wandered back over and said "Cat stop digging." So I looked back over again and I guess the workers had gone for lunch and I saw the CAT and my jaw dropped.


After, I closed my mouth. I told her it was an excavator and she promptly said "excavator cat stop digging" and went on her merry way. One of the best parts about being a parent is constantly being surprised.

Ok, time for some pictures. Our friends Chris and Christine got a new camera for Christmas so when they came for a walk to the park we had a bit of a photo shoot.

We also met up with Lisa and Gabby too.
The girls did a little tennis watching, but of course, Brynn has to run out into the middle of the action, so one of the people practicing gave her a ball.


However, there was a disagreement over who got to play with the ball, so Brynn tried offering Gabby something else...


But alas, it was just not the same.


In the end Lisa went and grabbed a soccer ball, Gabby got the little ball and everyone was happy.

Unfortunately Mike missed all this fun because he was "stuck" at a work function with Ocean River...


Well, someone's got to work. :)

Time for one last little Brynn smile. I was headed out to a Toastmasters training session yesterday morning so as I was leaving I asked Brynn if daddy and her should make pancakes for breakfast...

Her response...

"With bacon?"

:)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Is Brynn nearly two going on six?? I think by the time I see her she will be writing her first novel at the age of 3!!

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

You're never too young to learn that everything's better with bacon!

Anna-Marie said...

Fantastic pictures and a fantastic update. I'm so glad I got to visit over Christmas and catch up with pre-toddler Brynn.

PS I have my picture of Brynn on the wall of my current abode... it looks great.