Saturday, 29 August 2009

More early morning updates

So since I was exhausted last night (I went to bed before 9!) I ended up waking up ridiculously early, so I figured it was update time again.

Mike is back in town this weekend after a couple weekends away at tournaments. None of these ones were local, I wasn't loving the idea of a long car ride to Kamloops or Washington, so Brynn and I decided to pass and spend some time with Oma and Grampa, which was a lot of fun, particularly since Grampa has a ride on lawnmower and Oma came for two visits in 2 weeks. We figured we should head up there this time and we managed to get some gardening at Opas... aka Brynn picked and ate the strawberries.


We also headed up to the milking parlour where Brynn got to see big cows and realized that those tanks were full of her favorite drink of all time. I think she said milk 50 times in 2 minutes, so I pulled out a cup and cousin Pete gave her some fresh warm milk... happiest kid in the world. And then we went down to the calf barn and all of a sudden the cows were a lot smaller. It was pretty funny to see her expression and try to explain that these were 'baby' cows.

While we were doing this, Mike was having a great time at his tournaments. He says he finally feels like he is getting better. According to his team mates he was playing awesome. They ended up second in the B pool at the first tournament and fourth overall in the second. Next tournament September in Vernon.

As for us, Mike and I had been hoping to have an 'us' date day last Friday, as it would have been the first one in 18 months exactly, it was also Brynn's year and a half birthday, but alas it was not to be, Brynn was sick that day so no daycare for her, but next Friday I have a day off again, so we're aiming for date day take 2. :)

For Brynn's 18 month birthday we picked up a little workshop at my favorite consignment shop for $30 and she loves it.

It's missing a couple of pieces so I went online to try to order replacement parts only to find out there was a recall on the nails that go with the set earlier this month. The nice part is, that was one of the parts I needed more of, so now they are sending them for free. :) The other thing that was missing was the little screwdriver, but courtesy of ebay that whould be coming along soon as well. I have to say, technology does make it easier to find used or replacement parts.

Brynn is still loving daycare, so far the only real issue is that she's so excited that's there's other kids she doesn't really stay asleep during nap time, she's much more interested in what the other kids are doing... aka sleeping. So they've asked us to bring in a playpen to see if they can get her to sleep in the oother room and then gradually introduce her back into the nap room. Apparently yesterday they built her a little fort in the other room for her naptime to see if that would help.

So we shall see. :)

I want a fort to have a nap in in the middle of the day.

No comments: