So the last update pretty much focused on one thing, so here's some more on what's been happening... sorry no pics right now.
I've been taking over my new role as Senior Operations Advisor in my branch. The downside is there is no one filling my old role so right now I'm doing both, which essentially means I'm working like a crazy person. I don't think I would mind so much if I was getting paid for both roles... in my dreams!
The nice part is though that I still get to go to a couple of Treaty tables for the next couple of months. My new role doesn't have this as part of the job and I think I'm really going to miss the travel and the outside the office change of scenery. Speaking of which I just got back from Terrace earlier this evening. I don't think I'm a huge Terrace fan, or at least the city. The area is very beautiful though and this was my first time at this negotiating table. This First Nation was by far the most hospitable and friendly I have met yet, so it made for a really nice couple of days.
Mike has been participating in ultimate a bit more now that the weather is a bit nicer. It's also the beginning of tournament season so he's been out to a couple tournaments in Nanaimo and Kamloops in the past month and a bit. He's also waiting on a replacement paddle that has apparently been ordered for him, but seems to be taking forever to get here. Hopefully soon. Ryan and Darya are having a housewarming next week, so hopefully we can pick it up then if we manage to make it over to the mainland.
On the baby front, my dad reminded me I haven't really talked about her speaking. Brynn now has a few "complete" words in her vocabulary as well as the part words she uses for things like dog (which she says like "dah"). She can now say buh-bye, dada, mama, wee (as in "wee this is fun"), and baby. She has a lot of part words and words she uses to describe things. I think banana is the funniest though. She can't really say more than 2 syllables, so for banana she says "ba", but then draws out the "ah" and sticks her tongue out and wiggles it back and forth. This sort of makes it sound like ba-la-la-la, but with a sticking out tongue, and often a lot of baby drool... It's hilarious.
In addition to her verbal words, she has a pretty good variety of signs. She knows most animals, and signs like milk, food, good night... you know, the practical ones. I'm sure she'd have a bigger vocab if we practiced with her more, but mostly we just want to play or rest or try to get her to say ba-la-la-la (or I do anyway). :)
Brynn loves being read to and her board book collection is steadily growing, she got Grumpy Bird a few weeks ago and it must be read every day. Some of the first additions to her collection are now looking pretty thoroughly chewed though, poor "I heard a little Baa." Incidentally, that book is the reason she thinks sheep are called "Baa". She can also flip the pages in regular books and doesn't really try to pull them apart anymore, but she will still chew on the cover edges. I think it's a teething thing.
Her first molar is now appearing. she seems to be getting her teeth in in random order. Now that she no longer has vampire front teeth (her two front ones came in) she is now collecting random ones throughout her mouth. The latest is a molar about half way back on the bottom of her right side.
Ok, bed time... yey sleeping in my own bed!
1 comment:
Heya!
Thanks for the continued updates on Brynn and life. She's growing so fast it sounds like she'll be a full grown adult by the time I get back.
Congrats on the job!
Post a Comment