Hey all, sorry about the long gap between posts, it's been really busy around here.
As I'm sure you have figured out from the title, I now have a job. I start on December 1 at the Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation as an analyst, so we will have to see how that goes. I don't mind saying I'm a bit nervous, it has been a while since I had a "formal" job where I have to keep regular hours and report officially to someone, so we will se how it goes. It's an auxiliary position for 6 months, so alas no benefits, but hey, an income is helpful. :)
So what else is new around here?
Well, we hosted a baby photo party at our place, with eight mom's and and's and babies. If you would like to see the party proofs go to http://prairiechild.smugmug.com/gallery/6652195_6vsyR/1/424631512_goQAg#424631062_yS9iv
Brynn is on the last page, as you can tell she fell asleep before it was her turn (her Dad took her for a little walk) so we managed to get a few cute sleeping pictures before she woke up. I really like the one of her in the basket with the Winnie the Pooh Cow.
The nice thing about having the party here was that it provided the needed motivation to unpack quickly. I hate being in a place full of boxes, but unpacking seems daunting sometimes. Brynn was helping by throwing frisbees out of the box they were in.

This place is great though, we even picked up a dining table and chairs on UsedVictoria. We have to pop to Canadian Tire though to pick up some little felt things for the bottom of it so it doesn't destroy the floor, but now we can eat at a table while Brynn eats in her chair. I'm really looking forward to that.
We also managed to make it out to GoldStream for an afternoon salmon run walk. Brynn really loves being outside. I think that's one thing I miss about Vancouver is the variety of mountains and hiking places that were close by, there's not exactly a lot of snow in Victoria.
Alright time for some more Brynn pics. This is her playing with the little bootie shoes her Aunt Nikki gave her. They have little bells in them so everytime she kicks they make a noise. It was pretty funny watching her figure out where the noise was coming from.

I'll try to post more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment