Saturday, 8 November 2008

100 and Still Going

Wow, it's hard to believe that we've done 100 posts, so much has changed since we first starting this blog.

So we've been working on unpacking and just trying to organize things around here, or at least thinking about it. Oh and I finally managed to get another one of the photos we took of Brynn at the farm. I really like this black and white one mom took.
And this one with the little dandylion...

I also finally managed to get going on the giant box of apples I had from Opa. I've been cutting and stewing and creating applesauce like a crazy woman this morning. I'm also still looking for a job. I have to say it's getting a bit frustrating, or at least it was until one of my friends gave me the BC government's internal manual on applying for their jobs. The way they judge applications is pretty much opposite of the private sector. So I have been rewriting the entire format of my resume for the past couple of days (while still trying to do other work) and we'll give this new version a go and see if I have any luck. It's pretty frustrating since there are actually a lot of jobs posted right now that I qualify perfectly for, but since my format was off I think I just wasn't making it through the screening... too bad it took me so long to figure that out!

Oh, and it was my birthday last week. I have to say this is the first year I actually pretty much forgot about it. I wonder if that's a factor of being in my thirty's, or maybe just being sleep deprived. Hmmm. Anyway, it actually made it more fun because I kept getting surprised when people would wish me a happy birthday. :)

We had a good time up in Duncan. To be honest, we sort of fled the boxes and piles of stuff in our new apartment and crashed at mom's place for a couple days. Brynn spent some time hanging out in mom's new kitchen.

It was great. Mom tried to take me clothes shopping for my birthday. This is the first time I've actually gone looking for clothes post-baby, wow proportions change. So there was a lot of trying on and not a lot of actual buying... but at least I got a new hoodie, which anyone who has seen my old one knows was badly needed. I figured I would trying to find some other clothes with the rest of the money from mom and the money dad gave me, so we headed to Mountain Equipment Co-op and while I didn't find anything for me, we did finally find some clothes that fit Brynn... clothes designed for skinny tall babies... sorry guys, I did intend on spending it on me.

We also tried on some of the designer baby clothes, that we absolutely can't afford, but we still had to try them on for cuteness factor. See look... a Patagonia baby. :)



Oh and Brynn joined me at the climbing gym this week for some coaching, and some rope playing.

Well, back to apple mashing, have a good one all!

No comments: