I know its a couple weeks late, but things have been very busy around here. We had a pretty mellow New Years, primarily because our car was in the shop and I'm now 8 month pregnant, which means I get far too tired to go to a party where I can't drink if I can't leave whenever I want to... I know it sounds a bit selfish, but Mike actually didn't want to go out anyway so it worked out great. :)
Since then we have been trying to get stuff together for the baby and Mike has been continuing his rehab. Things are going pretty well on that front, he was fitted for a knee brace yesterday so we're getting closer to him being able to do sports again, which is exciting. The price tag of the knee brace, not so exciting, but hey, you do what you have to! I'm actually really really happy that Mike will be able to run around again. He has managed to come climbing a few times with me in the past couple weeks, but I have officially stopped climbing as of this week... too much tummy just doesn't fit on the wall anymore.
We spent last weekend out at VGH at our prenatal course. It was ok, but I think the amount of information we found useful could have fit into about 2 hours instead of 16, the instructor really liked going off topic, but we did get some good info and a tour of the hospital which was nice. I didn't realize that only 1 hospital in the Victoria area does deliveries, it's a good thing we live a couple blocks from the other one. lol.
We had our last bi monthly doctors visit yesterday and an ultrasound today, now we will switch to weekly visits since we've hit the 35 week mark. So here's a few updates on the baby, fear not it doesn't say if it's a boy or girl, not yet anyways...
- the doctor says everything looks good
- it's already head down
- its currently about 5 1/2 pounds
Christie
Ok, so here's the baby gender news... don't blame me if you read it, but didn't want to know...
Mike and I are having a girl! For all those eager shoppers out there, please refrain from too much pink. ;) Mike also says we have to go shotgun shopping and he's going to start asking some of his friends how to protect his daughter from guys like them. :)
2 comments:
Congratulations Christie!! That's so exciting! It does make a difference knowing...makes it a little more real! I'm really looking forward to the baby shower next weekend. I hope the weather is good enough for us to make it. We drove over the Coquihalla on Monday in a snow storm, and I don't think I could willingly do that again...but anything less and we should make it :) I'm so excited for you :)
you both :)
Post a Comment