Monday, 17 December 2007

The Shopping is Done and the Tree is Up!

I finally had a chance to get our Christmas tree from Duncan on Saturday, yey!

I know it is still a week until Christmas, but I usually get it up in the first couple of days of December (once I'm allowed to decorate) so it feels like I am way behind. The first two times I tried to get it we had a snow storm that shut down the road to Duncan and then I picked up a nasty cold, or at least a cold that made me sick for about a week. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that colds take longer to go away when you're pregnant, it seemed that way at least.

So we managed to get the tree all decorated last night. Mike calls it our Charlie Brown tree, but I still think it looks pretty good when it's all decorated.

I even managed to pick up a tree skirt too. This is a big thing for me since I keep meaning to, as in for years, but all the ones I like always seem to be the same price as the tree was and I've never been able to justify it, but I finally found one I liked yesterday morning while I was finishing off my Christmas shopping.



That means I'm also done my time at malls and stores, yey! Well, except for looking for deals on baby stuff.

As for the baby, all continues to go well, we are about 7 months along and I'm really starting to get big now, two more months! The baby really seems to like to stick its feet up under my ribcage, which is a bit strange feeling and makes me which my torso was a bit longer so there was more room in there. We have another check-up tomorrow and then an ultrasound half way through January around the same time as our prenatal classes.

I have to admit, I can't wait to not be pregnant, but at the same time I can't believe how close we are to being parents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so true that colds and flus take longer to get rid of when you are pregnant. I couldn't seem to stay healthy with Melanie. (Gotta share this, Stacey 2.5yrs, just farted on Mike's face te he he!) But they are all worth it!