I'm very excited that we are into December. Mike's mum will be joining us this year for Christmas and we are all looking forward to spending some time with her. Unfortunately, Mike won't get to go snowboarding like they had planning, but on the bright side, he's walking normally!
As for the baby, it continues to be very active and bounce around as much as possible. We have one more ultrasound next month (which seems forever away), but I'm really excited to have another peek at the little person who keeps poking me so much. We have about 2 and a half months left (not that I'm counting) and I'm still trying to get used to the whole idea. Mike and I were "test driving" baby strollers the other day and I have to say pushing a stroller around a mall was a very strange experience. My first thought "Holy cow, there's going to be a person in there!"
Figuring out what you need and what you don't and what type of what you need seems very confusing. Of course it took us a while to find a stroller/carseat combination we both liked and then once we had registered for it I realized it might not fit in the trunk of our little VW. So back I went to check, and the answer... nope not really. Mike's answer, time for a different vehicle. Nice try honey... so back to the store I dragged Mike. Sorry Mike! From there it turned out the Bay didn't have anything that fit in the car and wasn't a million dollars so I swapped the Bay registry to Sears. Sorry everyone else! We are still registered at Toys-R-Us, but here is the link to the Sears registry, who it turns out has pretty much all the same stuff the Bay did, but cheaper. Shrug, so it goes.
http://www.giftregistry.sears.ca/gift/egrSearch001.jsp
As for everything else, all in all things are pretty much the usual around here. I'm still helping coach one of the junior climbing teams out at Boulder's climbing gym and working at Mike's kayak shop when they need it, and we've started Christmas decorating, but we still have to get a tree up. Oh and Mike and I bought a rocker recliner to help out with his knee, the pregnancy, and hopefully the baby when it arrives, or at least that's what we're telling ourselves... but let's face it, a comfy chair is always welcome. Mike is working hard to make sure it is nice and broken in... for the baby of course. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment