Sunday, 21 October 2007

Weddings and Crutches

Well, Mike and I are finally getting a chance to start settling into Victoria. Right now it doesn't look like I have to fly or drive anywhere for a little while. YEY!

My dad and I returned from PEI on Wednesday and then I was off to Kamloops for my friend Jen's wedding. We had a rehersal on Friday night and then the wedding was on Saturday. I was the matron of honour... this seems weird to me not only to be called a matron, but Jen's older than me too! Here's a couple of shots from the wedding... first, the quinessential Jen shot. :)
And of course the ladies. This is Jen, myself and Sandi (the maid of honour).
and of course, Jen and her new hubby Jeff! Lucky lucky guy!

Unfortunately, Mike's knee was badly injured the Thursday before at Ultimate, so he is currently on crutches and flew up for the wedding on Saturday morning. I'm practicing for kids by being his chauffeur and he's practicing by trying to patient with hobbling around. Some of the tendons in his knee are torn and he sees the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, so fingers crossed for quick recovery! On the bright side, he made it in to the surgeon in about a week, which is pretty darn good. Here's to hoping for good news!

Christie

No comments: