Saturday, 5 March 2011

February Fun

This year has been full of February fun.


For a start, Mike and I had our first real vacation together in 3 years. We headed off to Hawaii for 5 days.


We went to the Kaimana Klassic tournament again on Oahu. It is a 3 day international ulti tournament and is a lot of fun. Mike played with a team that he had picked up with last year. And I played the role of ulti groupie as well as having a good time taking advantage of some of the benefits of the tournament like the masseuse and the free alcohol. Life it tough. I know.


Brynn had a great time spending time at Oma's. We had done a couple of months of prep time, having her stay over for one night and then two nights in a row to get her used to being away. She of course had no problem, so it was probably more prep for me than anything else. Of course, my mom had to break a bone in her hand right before Brynn came to stay with her and then get her hand and forearm cast. This is the first time I can remember my mom breaking anything, but dropping something on it in a warehouse will do that to you. :)


Brynn got to go visit my Aunt's preschool and do some tree climbing. She also managed to get an ear infection, which was probably caused in part by the bronchitis she had right before we left... Did I say thanks again mom?!


I'm not sure if you remember, but last year when we tried to go we ended up having to come back early because Brynn was sick. I think February might just be Brynn's time of the year to get sick.


This time we managed to make it to the beach together and spend some time wandering around Waikiki. It was a bit strange realizing that we could do whatever we wanted and not have to worry about getting home on time or being responsible. We could just relax. A little glimpse back in time. :)


We also had definite "we miss Brynn" or "this would be a lot of fun for Brynn" times. Mike particularly when it came to the beach. He didn't get a chance to spend any time with her there last year and our sand castle building antics.


Good times were had by all... I don't recommend the red eye back. For the life of us we couldn't get any sleep, but hey, it's was all in the pursuit of good fun, which was had by all.

No comments: