So it only took 2 1/2 years. Better late than never I guess. :) For me this was also a big part of not wanting a second child because I was worried we'd never get to spend time together without stress, and I couldn't see that being a good thing. No, that doesn't mean we are looking to have another one anytime soon. :)
First of all I have a few catch-up pictures.
Brynn enjoying her favorite soup in the whole world... Miso with big chunks of tofu.

I think in part she likes it because the chunks of tofu give her an excuse to not use her spoon without mom and dad bugging her too much about it. Of course, I like it because Mike and I can eat sushi while she has soup... and pulls the rice off our sushi to eat.
This one is in her birthday present from Auntie Anna, a wonderful dress she sent from Malawi. This was great for when we were in Winnipeg Anna! And even though ti took us, ooooh 5 o months to pick it up, the timing was great because it fit her perfectly. Thanks a bunch!
And yes, she is sitting in a Brynn sized lounge chair. That was a spontaneous mom purchase (well, after 3 months of wanting it). I decided that if I am only going to have one child then I can splurge once in a while in mini furniture. It actually works really well because wherever we put it we can get her to sit.
Here's the Mikes getting down at Potlatch, the tournament of course. More ulti photos to come once we get them back from mom (Mike borrowed her camera).
And now for the new photos. Since getting back from Sundance we have been really busy. We got our new car, I went to a naming ceremony, we had a great Mike's family visit, and we even managed to go to the lake all together and get a bit of kayaking in... well sort of kayaking. :)
I have a picture of the old car, but not the new one (Mike currently has it in the US for a tournament), so that one will have to wait for next time, but check out my friend Patricia and her super cute Granddaughter just before the naming ceremony.
Sooooo cute. Although she looks like she is going to karate chop me with that paddle. :)I was very honoured to be invited to this ceremony. Because of colonial contact there had not been a ceremony like this in 40 years, and now there are 3 more set for this year! The families are working hard to revive many of the traditions, in particular those that help the young people feel more tied to their communities and more involved. This is the first of several of this type of ceremony this little girl will go through in her youth. Hopefully these ceremonies will help reconnect the youth with their culture and help them feel a part of the community, thus reducing the number of youth at risk, alcohol and drug abuse, and violence in the communities. Way to go guys!
We also had a nice, but whirlwindy visit with Mike's family, but based on rumblings behind me, Brynn is waking up from her nap, so that will have to be my next post. Hugs to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment