Tuesday, 7 July 2009

A Whole Bunch of Updates!

Well, thus concludes my week of avoiding all non-work related computer use, so I am now back online. I tried to convince Mike that he should update the blog, but he was unconvinced.

A lot has happened over the past 3 weeks, so much so that I think I'm going to use subheadings. ;) Unfortunately I don't have a tonne of time to do justice to all the wonderful events so here's a summary.

Family Celebrations

Opa's 85th Birthday and Father's Day

It was Opa's 85th birthday, so there was a large family and friends get together at the farm back in June. Happy 85th Opa! It was the first time I've seen a few of my cousins in a long time, as everyone has been off having their own lives, getting engaged, traveling the world, having kids, etc. It's amazing to watch everyone growing up and the people they have fallen in love with and are building lives with... it's pretty amazing.

Here's a picture of all the family that made it...

Brynn had a great time playing games, and we all realized that the key to playing Bocce with a baby around is to get the baby to like you best, so she moves the balls to where you want.


Also Happy Father's Day wishes to all our family and friends, my dad and opa, Mike's dad, the new dad's of Jai and Chris, and all our other dad friends out there.

Kim's Wedding

My cousin Kim also got married recently to her new husband Adam. Alas I have no pictures right now of the beautiful bride or her handsome man, it turns out it's rather difficult to take pictures while baby wrangling... my mom found the same, but she did get a pre-wedding picture of Brynn trying to figure out what the harp was...

I know Kim's wedding and I only have a Brynn picture... geez hey. Hopefully I'll manage to get some from other people and put them up next round. Congrat's again guys!

Brynn Growing Up

Brynn has been growing up so fast, it's amazing. The weaning went well, but it is still by far easier for Mike to get her to sleep than it is for me, although she isn't really trying to feed often anymore. She is learning more sounds and how to express herself everyday. It's fascinating. She's also decided imitating is the best way to learn, so we have to be a bit more aware of the things we do or say because she will almost immediately duplicate them. It also means that she is trying to wear our shoes, which was pretty entertaining, particularly when it's my high heeled boots.

I was impressed she actually walked around a bit in them.

With all the beautiful weather here (apparently this is was the sunniest June ever recorded here) we've managed to get outside on a regular basis and spend lots of time wandering around. One of the really nice things about Oak Bay is all the little lawn and garden spaces, perfect for baby exploring.

I'm not really sure how we ended up with this inquisitive toddler, last time I blinked she was a baby.

Ok, some more pictures...


Well, that's enough for now... coming up... our daycare decision... and yes, it does feel like I would be sending her away to university. :)

2 comments:

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

Hey Christie - great update! My how time flies and things change. It was fun to see all those pics. Thanks!

Anna-Marie said...

Heya Christie!

Lovely to see your new pictures and hear about what's going on. I hope that your Opa had a fab birthday. Keep the news coming.

Say hi to Mike and the gang and give Brynn an extra hug for me. =0)