Saturday, 6 June 2009

Growing up so fast

I can't believe how fast Brynn is growing up. She's already on the toys at the park by herself. I took this picture the other day and it seems like not that long ago she needed Mike or I to sit on them with her.

Not that it's not a lot of fun to have a little kid who can run around and climb up and them slide down, I guess I'm just surprised at how fast she is learning.

In other news Mike has started teaching again. He's contracting with a company in Sidney that took over the Panorama Pool contract when Northern Wave (Mike's former employer) went under. It actually works out pretty well since it is primarily on evenings and weekends and it's not a full time job, but Mike gets to get out paddling and keep his skills up and there are definitely worse jobs.

As for me, my job is puttering along. I'm not sure how many of you out there work in government or have worked in government, but I'm an auxiliary employee on a temporary assignment so that puts me next to grubs on the food chain, but I really like the people I work with and the field I'm in so I'm hoping I'll get to stay. On the down side it looks like there will probably be more layoffs soon and the person I was filling in for found another job, so they will be posting the one I'm in soon and I might have to try to find a new one. It is sort of funny that in any other situation when the person whose job you are filling leaves you could get it, particularly if everyone likes your work, so it goes. I don't think I'm really a union person, at least not in regards to office work.

Ok enough serious stuff, time for more baby pictures...

While Mike was teaching last weekend, Brynn and I decided to take the Brentwood Bay Ferry and go visit her Oma. We've done this before, but this was the first time she was big enough to enjoy the ride. She spent her time running around the single floor outside deck ferry making friends and being adventurous, while I tired to make sur she didn't get under the barriers and jump off the boat, thus no photos of playing on the ferry. :)

Of course, when we got their my mom took her to this little playground just by her house.


The nice thing is the playground equipment is actually low enough that Brynn can climb the steps and go down the slide all by herself (and then repeat a hundred times). This time I only managed to get some playing with rocks shots, she's discovering the magic of a shovel and bucket, as well as her hands of course.


Of course, she was very proud of this and a lot of clapping ensued. Ahhh baby joy.

:)

1 comment:

Anna-Marie said...

Hope your job struggles aren't too draining! Thank goodness I don't have to think about that stuff right now. =0)

I loved all the pictures. I see huge changes every time that you post.